Friday 9 May 2014

Hatful of hollow pt 2


I've written previously about my liking for dark lanes, harrowed paths or deep lanes. A slippery walk up one near home and not visited for a while did much to re-ignite my interest. Quite by chance I even found one in North Norfolk last year which was a real surprise. I may have to re-visit some old haunts in the next few weeks before they become completely impenetrable. After these showers the vegetational growth even twenty feet in a hollow is quite remarkable. At the moment though they are a delight to visit with the scent and sight of wild ramsons (wood garlic) and bluebell.










2 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


Some of those photographs are very Graham Sutherland Dickie,

All the best,

John

Dickie Straker said...

Thanks John, I have always liked GS, especially the art he did for Shell.TTFN, Dickie