Monday 8 September 2014

Everything's gone green


I love the fruit harvest at this time of year. Locally there appears to be a glut of greengage. I am more than happy with this as it is a firm favourite. I haven't made greengage jam for years and had great plans, but they never seem to make it to that stage......far too tempting. The blackberry harvest is already in full swing and I have great difficulty in saving them for jam, crumbles and pies as they too get scoffed - must show some restraint!



2 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


We can't find greengages to save our lives Dickie and believe me we've looked. Plums tomorrow!

John

Dickie Straker said...

Oh no John, I will try not to make you too envious but they do taste amazing - better than sweets! Got to enjoy this seasonal bounty when you can! All the best, Dickie