Monday 15 June 2015

The anglers Christmas Eve



I always think as an angler I am lucky. I must add, not in what I catch, but the amount of expectation and excitement throughout the year. It's like I have a number of Christmas Days to look forward too. The trout season has started and now it is the turn of the traditional coarse fishing season. Tomorrow is the "glorious sixteenth" as Mr Crabtree says to Peter above. For some reason the 16th June, for me, is the most exciting of the lot - this is how I felt as a child on Christmas Eve and still do now. Long may it continue.

Best fishes, tight lines, creaking cane, dipping floats, wet nets and all that to you all!   



3 comments:

Unknown said...

The glorious sixteenth.A lovely thought!.I am dusting off my tackle this morning.Doubt that i will be up at the crack of dawn though!!!....Tight lines to you Dickie.

The Two Terriers said...


I haven't been out yet Dickie, I'll let the hysteria die down and then I'll have Fenland to myself again.
ATB, John

Dickie Straker said...

Thanks Champ & TT - I wasn't up at the crack of dawn, but still enjoyed the first few days as much as I did when I was a nipper - it never fades! A bit of R&R now before having another go later this week. TTFN, Dickie