Wednesday 5 August 2015

Holiday reading and viewing


I always have a healthy reading pile on the go. During the holiday season I do try to keep it realistic, so here it is for this holiday period. I also include a film which will be viewed at some time as, this year, we have not migrated east to our usual haunt of the North Norfolk coast. We are in the shadow of Black Hill - made famous in that most superb book by Bruce Chatwin. So, as you can see, the film of the book is essential viewing as I have not seen it for many a year.

Little Toller Books continue to release every book I have ever dreamt of........I don't know how they do it, but they are utterly brilliant. I thought it would be nice if someone published a book on mermaids - they did it! A book on Rena Gardiner I thought would be rather fine - they did it! The list goes on, but for the next week or so I am looking forward to reading Black Apples of Gower along with the other titles you see above. Happy holidays!   

2 comments:

The Two Terriers said...

The Welsh marches not North Norfolk this year. Have a good break, we return the grandsons to maidenhead on Saturday so that evening it will be a quiet beer from the Denver Brewery and down to gun and tackle cleaning. maybe a little float arranging too. ATB, John

Dickie Straker said...

It feels weird John, but the nippers fancied a change and wanted mountains! Can't break the habit of a lifetime, so all being well we will manage a late autumn North Norfolk trip. TTFN Dickie