Wednesday 16 September 2015

Peregrine plunge


After a short spell of feeling groggy I had the sudden urge to get to the sea. I have that urge every day I might add, just to see it is enough, but what I mean is get in the sea. I had to go. Perhaps it's the thought that this will be my last proper chance over the next week or so as the sea temperature is always around its highest now.



Even though the water temperature was about 15 degrees centigrade it was still a shock to the system - no namby pamby rubber suit for me, oh no! I ensured my focus was on the cliffs in front of me and then went for it - the young peregrine falcons arrived and gave me my own personal air show as I swam on my back - magic!

The tonic for such a dip was a pot of coffee and bacon sarnies cooked on the beach - doesn't get much better than that. Other than the peregrines of course!



4 comments:

The Two Terriers said...


Just another day in paradise Dickie. To paraphrase Don Henley. ATB, John

Dickie Straker said...

Ha! Living the dream John, living the dream. TTFN Dickie

Unknown said...

Love the coast Dickie.Been down myself as much as possible these last few weeks.Didnt need the rods, just stretching my eyes across the water was enough!.

Dickie Straker said...

Indeed Champ! Hoping for another dip later this week....must keep off the bacon sarnies though! TTFN Dickie