Wednesday 11 May 2016

Underfoot

I suppose in some ways this follows quite nicely from my post before last relating to town furniture. A trip to London is a pleasure - it's always nice coming home to the quiet folds of Dorset afterwards, but there is just so much to take in. I never know which way to look. A recent trip yielded a few surprises....................it is nice to know there is a little slice of West Dorset in Soho and Covent Garden. These (Spring Forge, Puddletown) iron covers can be found in quite a few places across town.



There was another one too (road gulley cover), which I am kicking myself for not photographing. In Soho, not too far from the interesting looking shop that is DV8, was one from the Gundry Foundry in Bridport. Also, some from Cannop in the Forest of Dean. Next time perhaps.

No comments: